Haha! I'm sure as all you bloggers know, they are indeed a blessing and a curse! :D So lets get on with these two lovely awards shall we?
1. Too Faced : Shadow Insurance - I use this under my shadows, always. I have SUPER dry skin, so its not oil I'm concerned about messing up my shadows. But for some reason my eyelids get sweaty super fast.. maybe its because they are fairly hooded. I dunno.. all I know is that if I don't use this, I crease badly. I've heard some rave reviews about the ELF 3$ primer, and I don't have that one, what I do have is the 1$ primer and its completely pointless for my own uses. I've ruined too many time consuming eye looks by using that POS. Ill stick with my 2FSI thanks. :D
2. Monistat : Chafing Relief Powder-Gel - I use this as a face primer. I'm sure you've all heard about this being a Smashbox primer dupe by now, so I won't go into too much detail. But its awesome. I feel it smooths my skin and diminishes the appearance of pores. I think it also keeps makeup from settling into fine lines as badly. SO much cheaper than other face primers too which is ALWAYS a good thing.
3. OHWTO : Black Magic Soap - I use this with every shower as a facial cleanser. To me.. it smells of pumpkin and peppermint.. and all sorts of wonderful fall-like scents. The smell is divine, it even perfumes my entire bathroom even when I'm not using it. It's a great cleanser, and my face feels so tingly and clean after I use it.
4. Zoya Nail Polish : Loredana - I love this! I don't have anything else like this shade. The color is what I'd call graphite. It looks just like you colored your nails in with a pencil. So amazing! Its a matte shade and goes on like a dream and dries to a super smooth finish. It also has pretty outstanding wear time considering I don't wear mine with a top coat.
|Wearing Loredana on my fingers and Athena's Kiss on mah lips!|
6. OHWTO : Coven Solid Perfume - This is the essence of Autumn to me. I own 2 full size & a sample of this and savor every bit of it. It's hard for me to explain this one. When I put this on, everyone says " omg what is that awesome smell?!" I honestly don't like it at all if I smell it right out of the tube or immediately on my skin. Its just too powerful. But allow it time to breathe and sit on the skin for awhile and its TO DIE FOR. It smells exactly like a "Capricorn/ Zodiac" powdered incense I use to burn as a teenager. I cannot wait for the new fall scents from OHWTO. :D I'm salivating with anticipation over here.
7. Essence : Smoky Eye Brush - First of all it's purple! I couldn't help myself. It works really well, considering. I have purchased quite a few of these brushes. At $1.50 usd I really prefer these to the ELF brush for blending and crease work. They are a little big for detail work, but hey.. it's called a smoky brush for a reason. Totally worth the 2 bucks!
8. Beyond the Zone : Turn up the heat - I know this isn't technically a cosmetic. I use this before blow drying or using my flat iron (which I love btw its an Ion One Stroke ) . It smells wonderful! It has NO alcohol in it! Which is more important than most people know. (especially if you have color treated hair) It does a great job at protecting my hair (as best it can) and leaves my hair SUPER soft and shiny!
9. EOS Lip Balm : Honeysuckle Honeydew - I know everyone is SO over these. But I really enjoy them. Cute packaging (Although its a little too big for your pocket, I like it cuz I can actually find it in my GIANT filled to the brim purse.) I love the flavor/ scent of this one and because of that I find I apply it more often. And because I reach for it more often, it really does make a big difference on the condition of my lips, which I'm really happy about.
10. Mac Wonder Woman Lipglass : Athena's Kiss - I love this shade. Its a nice vibrant fuchsia. Not quite pink, not quite purple. So sparkly and shiny. Totally not sticky. I love the packaging as it appeals to my inner nerd girl. The doe-foot is HUGE though. I wish my lips were big enough for it!
The Would You Rather Beauty meme:
1. Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks and lipglosses or lose all of your palettes and eyeshadows? Wow.. well since we HAVE to pick... erg.. uhm.. I guess I will say I would rather loose the eyeliners cuz I could attempt to recreate them with other things.
2. Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again? These are rough questions! I guess I would be more inclined to chop it all off. It WILL grow back again, and then I can cut it or keep it long or do whatever I want with it after that.
3. Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek? Probably coral. Pink on me seems a little less natural. Im not really a blush person though so there might be errors in my logic.
4. If you had $1000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes or makeup? I would probably RATHER buy makeup, but I NEED clothes more. I haven't bought a pair of shoes in years if you can believe that.
5. Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner or eyeliner as lipstick? Uhm I guess I'd rather apply eyeliner as lipstick. i mean.. lipliner is basically the same thing.. I'd just throw some gloss over it and be done. haha!
6. Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora? I'd have to go with Sephora the people who work at either store are rather snobby, however I like the variety of products better at Sephora. Plus they have LOTS of fragrance there! (My favorite designer fragrance usually is there : Hypnotic Poison By: Dior This is my "special occasion" fragrance, because its expensive, but I'd wear it daily if I could. So smoky and sweet, I love the red bottle it comes in , and best of all, It lingers on your skin for such a long time!)
7. Would you rather use only one eyeshadow color or one lip color the rest of your life? This one is a little easier on me. I'd MUCH prefer using just one lip color. I'd pick something that goes with everything.. a light pink , probably a gloss of some sort. I can't live without color on my eyes.
8. Would you rather wear winter clothes in the summer or summer clothes in the winter? probably summer clothes in the winter. I always wear tank tops and stuff around the house. And as long as its not pouring rain I wear flip flops.
9. Would you rather have dark nails or bright nails all year round? Dark. I love the contrast between my pale skin and a dark nail. :D
10. Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a pony tail or a messy bun? Messy bun I agree with Lizzy's explanation all the way here. Hot librarian = win! Plus.. I don't like how long it takes to get my thick hair into a nice sleek looking pony.
11. Would you rather never be able to paint your nails again or never use lipgloss? This one is tough, but I'd probably go with Lipgloss. I could find other products to use on my lips and still be able to keep my nail polish addiction. :D win, win.
|Photo Courtesy of: Google Image Search & memory-alpha.org|
13. Would you rather live without makeup or nail polish? I'd probably rather live without nail polish. But with either of them, I'd seriously have to change my artistic outlet to something else and that would be a very difficult challenge for sure.
And there you have it. Hope you all maybe learned something new about me.. and now I would like to maybe learn something new about you all as well. Instead of passing this along to individuals and checking to make sure they haven't been tagged a billion times to do these.. I'm just going to let you guys have it. ANYONE who reads this is tagged if they do so wish. PLEASE don't forget to come back and place a link in the comments if you DO this so I can go look at your answers!! That's the funnest part for me at least, is getting to know YOU guys better! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you are all having a great day!